Monday 11 April 2011

HERE IS THE UGLY THORNY SIDE -SHOWS OF THE DURIAN BUSINESS!!! MUST
WATCH OUT. DON'T GET CAUGHT BY THESE
CONMEN WHO ROBS US IN BROAD DAYLIGHT.

DO NOT entertain or approach any durian seller whom you do not know at all,
especially pasar malam, an event which they move from one place to another ....

Personally, I had a similar experience at Raju's in Petaling Jaya
sometime early this year, 2010.
As we had finished our roti canai at Raju's, a "decent" looking youth
came up to me with a durian with a "window" opened to show a nice and tempting durian
fleshinside. Yummy, so I thought.
He led me to this van half-filled with durians and promptly told his
burly buddy that this boss (that's me) wanted to buy. This fellow just picked a huge durian and proceeded to open it.
Then in quick succession, he had already opened 3 fruits. I frantically stopped him and said that I actually wanted one only. The usual concluding statement from him was, "What am I going to do with these 3opened durians ?"
I asked how much?
He answered, "RM280.00"!!
I uttered, "That's robbery."
Sensing that I had just been conned and cornered, I said sternly that
I am only willing to pay
RM120.00 max for the durians.
To cut the long story short, I settled for RM200.00


SO, PLEASE BE AWARE OF THIS NEW SCAM.  PASS THIS EMAIL AROUND AND WARN YOUR FRIENDS, ESPECIALLY DURIAN LOVERS. 



By Carmen May

No comments:

Post a Comment